The pressure to meet stringent safe work requirements placed upon companies by government regulators has never been greater. As regulators increase their focus on safe work systems and compliance monitoring, Industry requires greater structure and transparency in the management of employee health and safety.
Sound health and safety management relates to identification of potential risks and how employees interact with the risk, management of these issues and measurement of the success of your management programs. The internationally recognised OHSAS18001 series of Standards is a good starting point to assist companies to identify the areas within their operations where they can improve their health and safety performance. This Standard is designed for companies with both domestic and foreign operations as it is recognised on a worldwide basis.
AS/NZS 4801 is designed for companies operating in Australia or New Zealand only. The objectives of the Standard are similar but it does not have international recognition. The Health and Safety Standards are not designed to tell you how to manage your business; rather they are tools you can use to improve the efficiency of your business systems and health and safety performance.
How will your business benefit from certification to this Standard?
- Certification to a recognised third party Standard such as OHSAS 18001 or AS/NZS 4801 is increasingly becoming a condition of contract within Industry. More and more companies require suppliers to have this certification to demonstrate strong health and safety management within their operations.
- The OHSAS 18001 or AS/NZS 4801 system can be utilised within your business to improve efficiency and reduce costs by standardising processes and procedures saving your staff time and your business money
- Management systems certification can be used as a competitive advantage particularly in the tender process leading to increased tender success and increased business opportunities. OHSAS 18001 and AS/NZS 4801 are widely recognised as minimum requirements for exporters and Defence contractors.
- It is becoming increasingly more difficult to comply with the ever expanding requirement for companies to maximise their product quality, whilst minimising their environmental footprint as well as working safer to protect their employees.
- To overcome these issues, QCS(E) offers an Integrated Systems Program (ISP). This program allows your company to meet the requirements of the combined Quality, Environment and Occupational Health and Safety related issues seen as critical by your customers.
- QCS(E) uses auditors who hold accreditation to all three programs to conduct the ISP audits. This significantly reduces your audit cost because one auditor does all the work rather than using three separate auditors. It also allows your staff to develop a strong working relationship with a single individual leading to enhanced service provision and increased benefits for your company.
Why choose QCS(E) as your certification partner?
- QCS(E) is a Global organisation with a local focus. We bring a wealth of experience gained by working around the world to your company;
- Our auditors are all trained to the highest standards and have been externally accredited; QCS(E) is happy to assist you to focus on issues of significance within your business rather than just auditing the documented system; and,
- We aim to develop strong, long-term relationships with our clients, a strategy which requires us to value-add at all times.
Contact QCS(E) today on (61) 8 8325 1471 to discuss your requirements. One of our friendly staff will provide you with further
information and answer any questions you may have during a confidential discussion.
We are happy to provide a no obligation quotation for your review.
Download this information in PDF format here.